A License is usually defined as a “fee to have the right to operate a business”. The City of Rialto issues licenses to help recover the costs of providing City Services that are needed to maintain the appearance, efficiencies, and general condition of the City. For example, fees are collected for Business Licenses to help pay for Code Enforcement, Public Safety Services, Street Maintenance, and other administrative activities. All these services are affected by the addition of a new business.
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The payment processing counter closes daily at 5:00 p.m.
150 S. Palm Avenue, Rialto, CA 92376
Online Business License Applications
Online Services: https://etrakit.rialtoca.gov/
For step-by-step instructions on how to use ETrakit, please see a user guide below.
New Business License
**If you need to renew an existing Business License, DO NOT apply for a new Business License. After you create a user account and complete your application, a staff member will contact you by phone or email within one to two business days (Mon – Thurs), and provide instructions for payment.**
Business License Renewal
(Extended Schedule of Licensing Fees Included)
- Business Closure Form
- Business Compliance Certificate Application
- Business License & Regulations – Code of Ordinances
- City Alarm Permit Information
- Garage Sale Regulations
- Rialto Chamber of Commerce
- Transient Occupancy Tax Form
- Board of Equalization-Taxes and Your Small Business -Booklet
- Internal Revenue Service-Starting a Business
- Small Business Association-Starting & Managing a Business (English)
- Small Business Association-How to Start a Small Business (Spanish)
- California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) Licensing & Registration Program