The Building Division is responsible for ensuring that all new and remodeled construction follows California Building Codes and City ordinances, meeting all structural, fire, health, life and safety requirements. The Division ensures this through the process of plans review and inspection services.
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.The payment processing counter closes daily at 5:00 p.m.
150 S. Palm Avenue, Rialto, CA 92376
Online Services: https://etrakit.rialtoca.gov/
Submit a building permit application
Schedule a building inspection
** After you create a user account and complete your application, a staff member will contact you within one to two business days (Mon-Thurs) with instructions on how to complete your payment and submit your plans. Following your application submittal, staff will communicate with you via phone and e-mail about your project.
Building Inspection Line:
Call (909) 421-4978. Please include permit number, type of inspection, date for inspection, and a contact name and number.
Schedule a Building Inspection Online – https://etrakit.rialtoca.gov/
** Inspections requested on Thursday or during office closure will be scheduled for the following work week. All inspections are worked between the hours of 8 A.M – 5 P.M.
For step-by-step instructions on how to use ETrakit, please see a user guide below.
Questions? Call (909) 421-7246
Applications and Plan Information
- Alternative Online Submittal Process
- Contractor User Setup-Etrakit (attachment included) (PDF)
- Public User Setup-Etrakit (attachment included) (PDF)
- Plan Check Instructions
- Tenant Improvement Information
- Request for Permit Cancellation/Extension/Refund
- Special Inspector Application
- Pool Fence Barrier
- Air Conditioning Unit
- Residential Patio Cover
- Water Heater Installation
- Room Additions
- 6″ and 8″ Block Walls
- Unreasonable Hardship to Disabled Access Requirements Application
- City of Rialto – Solar Procedures
- Procedure for AB-2188 Solar Energy Permits – Willdan
Building Division Resources
- State of California Building Standards Commission Website (Building Code)
- City of Rialto Fee Schedule
- California Contractors State License Board
- How to Make an Earthquake Kit