The Building Division is responsible for ensuring that all new and remodeled construction follows California Building Codes and City ordinances, meeting all structural, fire, health, life and safety requirements. The Division ensures this through the process of plans review and inspection services.
The Building Division is located at 150 S. Palm Avenue, Rialto, CA 92376
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The payment processing counter closes daily at 5:00 p.m.
Building Inspection Line:
To request an inspection, please call (909) 421-4978. Please include the property address, permit number, type of inspection, date for inspection, and a contact name and number. Inspections requested on Thursday or during office closure will be scheduled for the following work week. Inspection route slips are typically ready by 8:30 a.m. on the scheduled inspection day.
Applications and Plan Information
- Plan Check Instructions
- Building Permit Application
- Common Wall Authorization Letter
- Tenant Improvement Information
- Request for Permit Cancellation/Extension/Refund
- Pool Fence Barrier
- Air Conditioning Unit
- Residential Patio Cover
- Water Heater Installation
- Room Additions
- 6″ and 8″ Block Walls
- Unreasonable Hardship to Disabled Access Requirements Application
- City of Rialto – Solar Procedures
- Procedure for AB-2188 Solar Energy Permits – Willdan
Building Division Resources
- State of California Building Standards Commission Website (Building Code)
- City of Rialto Fee Schedule
- California Contractors State License Board
- How to Make an Earthquake Kit