Street Reconstruction Project between Interstate 10 (I-10) to Santa Ana River
The City of Rialto will continue to overlay and reconstruct Riverside Avenue (South) between Interstate 10 (I-10) to Santa Ana River. This project is Phase 2 of 3 vision for Riverside Avenue. The project is expected to start Late-June 2022 – January 2023.
Riverside Ave South
- Reconstruction of Riverside Avenue between I-10 and Santa Ana River
- Upgrades of existing and construction of new ADA-compliant curb ramps
- Reconstruction of sidewalks, sidewalks, driveways, curbs, and gutters
- Underground utilities will be adjusted to new roadway surface grades
- W Monte Ave/ Riverside Ave
- W Mindanao St/ Riverside Ave
- Industrial Drive/ Riverside Ave
- Jurupa Ave/ Riverside Ave
- Agua Mansa Rd (Rialto)
- Slover Ave Signal Intersection
- Santa Ana Ave Signal Intersection
- Industrial Dr./Resource Ave
What to Expect
Riverside Ave is a heavy-truck traffic roadway. At least one lane in each direction on Riverside Avenue will be open at all times. Concrete barriers, traffic cones will be used to separate work areas from traffic. Drive with caution throughout the project area and allow extra time to reach your destination. If you work in the area, it is recommended to use an alternative route during construction.
It is recommended that you inform your dispatchers, customers and employees to sign-up to receive updates.
- Daytime Monday - Friday from 7 am - 4 pm (Minor work will be performed during the day.)
- Overnight from 7 pm – 5 am (Majority of the work will be performed at night.)
- (Except Holidays)
Late-June through January 2023. Schedule is subject to change.
Cost and Funding
- Funding: $9.6 million
- Funded through:
- Gas Tax
- SB1 Gas Tax
- Measure I