About The Utility Users Tax
The Utility Users Tax (UUT) for the City of Rialto is 8 percent, and is levied on the users of various utilities.
The UUT currently represents 24% of the General Fund budget. With the additional revenue derived from the UUT the City of Rialto has been able to:
- Eliminate the need to levy the PERS property tax.
- Eliminate the need to levy Community Facilities District (CFD) 87-2 taxes.
- Add 9 Firefighter/Paramedic trainees
- Add 10 Police Officers and 6 Law Enforcement Technicians
- Add 2 Code Enforcement Officers and 1 Animal Control Officer
- Add 1 new Fire Battalion Chief
- Help fund the purchase of a new Fire ladder truck and engine
- Purchase 2 new motorcycles for the Police Department
- Add support staff in Finance and Human Resources
- Add 3 new maintenance employees Enhance benefit package to improve employee recruitment and retention